Today Honor unveiled the Honor 6X with a 5.5″ display, Kirin 655 chip and a dual-camera. But Huawei-affiliated Honor also announced a new tablet named Honor Pad 2. Currently, this device will available in the home country.
The Media Pad 2 features an 8 inches 1920 x 1200 pixels IPS display. The device is powered by Snapdragon 616 chip with 3GB of RAM. The S616 SoC is quite common among the mid-range smartphones with its octa-core Cortex-A53 processor (4×1.5GHz + 4×1.2GHz) and Adreno 405 GPU.
The tablet comes with 16 or 32GB expandable storage, 8MP main camera with LED flash, a 2MP front snapper, and a 4,800 mAh battery. The SIM-enabled version offers LTE connectivity with support for voice calls.Honor Media Pad 2 runs on Android Marshmallow with Emotion 4.1 launcher.
The Honor Media pad 2 will available in Gold and White paintjobs color and will launch in China on October 25, while the pre-orders open on October 19. The 16GB Wi-Fi is priced at CNY 999 ($149), the 32GB Wi-Fi costs CNY 1,299 ($193), and the 32GB LTE model will set you back CNY 1,499 ($222).
Honor Pad 2 Key Features
- 8-inch (1920 × 1200 pixels) 16:10 IPS display
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939) (4×1.5GHz + 4×1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB /32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Emotion UI 4.1
- 8MP rear Camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 2MP front-facing Camera
- 4G LTE (with voice calling), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS
- 4800mAh non-removable battery