Meizu has announced its new smartphone called M5 at an event in China. It packs a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass screen, is powered by a 1.5 GHz octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6750 processor and runs on Yun OS with FlyMe UI on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that lets you focus in just 0.2 seconds and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the second slot as a microSD slot when required, comes with 4G LTE connectivity with VoLTE, packs a mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds. It packs a 3070mAh battery under the hood.
Meizu M5 Key Features
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB (eMMC 5.0) storage / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB (eMMC 5.0) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Yun OS 5.1 with FlyMe 5.5
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 147.28 × 72.8 × 8.15mm; Weight: 138g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 3070mAh non-removable battery
Pricing and Availability
The Meizu M5 will available Mint Green, Glacier White, Champanage Gold, Sapphire Blue and Matte Black colors and is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 103 / Rs. 6,890) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and 899 yuan (US$ 132 / 8,860 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant. It is available for order in China starting today and goes on sale from November. No details about the global roll out yet.