Samsung has announced Galaxy A8 (2016), the successor of last year’s Galaxy A8 smartphone in Korea. The Galaxy A8 (2016) features a 5.7 inches Full HD 1080p display. The device is powered by Samsung’s Exynos 7420 processor. It has 3GB RAM and 32GB storage inside as well. For cameras, it has a 16-megapixel rear and 8-megapixel front camera as well as a 3,500mAh battery. It runs on Android v6.0.1.
It has a metal unibody design with 7.2mm thin frame and a fingerprint sensor on the home button to enhance the device security. It will be exclusively available for pre-order in blue color with a price tag of 649,000 won ($580) from SK Telecom starting October 1 in home country south Korea. however, there is no information provided by company on India launch.
Samsung A8 (2016) key features
- 5.7-inch 1080p Full HD Super AMOLED display.
- Exynos 7420 14nm, Octa-core processor with Mali T760 GPU
- 32GB internal memory and 3GB RAM, expandable up to 256GB via micro SD card
- Android v6.0 (Marshmallow) out of the box
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor on Home botton
- Dimensions: 156.6×76.8×7.2mm, 182g; Weight: 182 grams
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 3300mAh non-removable battery