Just a few hours ago Oppo announced Oppo R15 and R15 Dream Mirror Edition, Now following the same pattern Vivo unleashes its most anticipated smartphone ever called Vivo X21. However, most of its specifications match with Oppo R15, but one thing that makes it special is it’s under display fingerprint sensor. You might have aware of, Vivo had last year showcased this technology collaborating with Qualcomm, finally made it real.
The Vivo X21 smartphone features 6.28 inches Full HD+ (19:9) Super AMOLED display, however, protection isn’t mentioned (maybe no major protection). It is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 processor coupled with Adreno 512 GPU. The rear camera is taken care by dual 12MP + 5 MP camera lens, whereas, a 12MP front-facing shooter is provided for selfies.
As I mentioned, it offers on-screen fingerprint sensor, that makes it the first smartphone (excluding concept) to hold up that kind of technology. The dual hybrid SIM device runs on the latest Android 8.1 based on Funtouch OS 4.0. Regarding the storage, it has 128 GB internal storage coupled with 6 GB of RAM, also storage can be further expanded up to 256 GB using micro SD card. It has 3,200 mAh non-removable battery with fast charging support including 3.5mm audio jack, and AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip. Apart from that, the company is also offering physical fingerprint display variant at a less expensive price.
Vivo X21 Full Specifications
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6B RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- On-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.45 × 74.78 × 7.37mm; Weight: 156.2g
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 3200mAh non-removable battery with fast charging
Pricing and Availability
The Vivo X21 (physical fingerprint) is priced 2,898 RMB (Approx 450$ or Rs. 30,000) for 6 GB RAM and 64 GB storage variant, which goes up to 3,198 RMB (Approx. 500$ or Rs. 33,000) for 128 GB storage variant. On another side, the Vivo X21 UD comes is single 128 GB storage option, that is priced at 3,598 RMB (Approx. 570$ or Rs. 37,000) and all the variants include Black, Aurora White, and Ruby Red color options. As far as availability is concerned, The standard version will be available from March 24 and the special on-display fingerprint sensor version will be available from March 28.