Finally, Vivo has announced Xplay6, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the Xplay series in China with dual curved edges. Looking at the design, it remembers Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with cheaper price. The smartphone features a 5.46-inch 1440p Quad HD curved display. It is powered by Snapdragon 820 (quad-core) chipset paired with Adreno 530 GPU. The device runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) based on Funtouch OS 3.0.
In terms of camera, It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX362 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, 4-axis OIS, PDAF for fast focus 0.03 seconds and a secondary 5-megapixel camera for capturing depth information. There is a 16-megapixel front-facing shooter with f/2.0 aperture and has a full metal unibody design.
For storage, it has 128GB inbuilt storage which is not expandable. The Vivo Xplay6 packs a 6GB of RAM and has a 4080mAh battery with fast charging support to keep the lights on.
Vivo Xplay6 Key Features
- 5.46-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED dual curved edge display
- Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 3.0
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Sony IMX362 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, 5MP secondary rear camera
- 16MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, ES9038 DAC+ OPA1622 amplifier
- Dimensions: 153.8x 73.55x 8.4mm; Weight: 178g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 4080mAh battery with fast charging
Pricing and Availability
The vivo Xplay6 comes in Gold and Rose Gold colors and is priced at 4498 yuan (US$ 654 / Rs. 44,449 approx.). It is available for order in China.