Xiaomi has just launched Mi Max 2 phablet smartphone in India. To recall, it was announced back in May and is already available for sale in China. For those who are unaware, it is a successor of last year launched Mi Max which is the most selling device in its category.
The Mi Max 2 features 6.44 inches Full HD IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. It is powered by Snapdragon 625 processor paired with Adreno 505 GPU. The variant being sold in India has 64GB internal storage coupled with 4GB RAM. As for optics, it has got a 12MP, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX386 sensor PDAF rear shooter as well as a 5MP front-facing camera for selfies.
The handset is backed by 5300 mAh battery which company claims to provide 2 days of talking, also Quick 3.0 is included to charge it rapidly. It runs on Android 7.1.1, Nougat out of the box. Other connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS/ A-GPS, Bluetooth v4.2, infrared, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a USB Type-C port.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core 2GHz, Snapdragon 625 with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), MIU8
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX386 sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor, stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 174.1×88.7×7.6mm
- Weight: 211g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac , Bluetooth 4.2, GPS A/ GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is priced at Rs. 16,999 in Ind and comes with Matte Black colour options. As far as availability is concerned, it will be available via Various online stores include, Mi.com, Flipkart, Amazon.in, Paytm and Tata Cliq starting from 27 July, also you can purchase it via Mi offline retailers from July 20. In addition, the company is offering 100GB free date for JIO users.