Xiaomi has announced Mi MIX, its new smartphone with a bezel-less design along with the Mi Note 2. It has a 6.4-inch (2040 x 1080 pixels) full HD screen with whopping 91.3% screen-to-body ratio and ceramic body. It runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8 on top, has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF and a custom-made 5-megapixel front-facing camera below the screen, which is 50% smaller than a standard camera sensor.
Instead of a standard proximity sensor it uses ultrasonic technology and uses Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic system instead of a standard earpiece, allowing you to listen to calls without the earpiece. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back. World renowned designer Philippe Starck is the designer of the phone.
It is powered by Snapdragon 821 with Adreno 530 GPU. There are 2 variants available, one with 4GB RAM, 128GB storage and another one with 6GB of massive RAM, 256GB internal storage. You can’t expend the storage as Xiaomi already did with previous flagship devices. Connectivity feature includes 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC. It has 4400mAh battery with quick charge 3.0 support.
Xiaomi Mi Max Highlights
- 6.4-inch (2040 x 1080 pixels) display with 17: 9 aspect ratio, 500nits brightness, 1300: 1 contrast ratio, 94% NTSC color gamut
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB DDR4 RAM with 128GB internal (UFS 2.0) memory / 6GB DDR4 RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 81.9 mm x 7.9 mm; Weight: 209 g
- 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4400 mAh non-removable battery with fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi Max Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi MIX comes in black color and is priced at 3499 yuan (US$ 516 / Rs. 34530 approx.) for the standard 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the Mi MIX special edition with 18k carat gold finish on the frame and rear camera and fingerprint sensor, 6GB RAM and 256GB storage costs 3999 yuan (US$ 590 / Rs. 39,470 approx.). It is available for order in China from today and will go on sale from 4th November.